Emseal Expanding Closure Foam
Emseal Expandable Foam
Used For Valley Panels or Hip Roof Ridge Caps
1/4″x1″x20′ Expands to 1″x1″x20′
58 in stock
EMSEAL AST HI-ACRYLIC
Emseal metal roof and building sealants are self-adhering tape seals made from resilient, open-cell polyurethane foam impregnated with a water-based acrylic-modified asphalt emulsion (AST Hi-Acrylic) or a water-based, acrylic impregnation (MST). They replace and outperform liquid sealants, butyl-tape sealants and closed-cell closures.
Emseal tapes have been the sealants of choice of metal roof and building component manufacturers and discerning erectors worldwide for more than 30 years.
How it Works – The EMSEAL Advantage
The open-cell foam is impregnated, compressed and shipped in reels. The stored strain-energy of compression in the foam means continuous back-pressure is exerted against surfaces to be sealed. This pressure, combined with the adhesive nature of the impregnation, assures reliable adhesion to both substrates. As the sealed components shrink and expand with seasonal temperature changes, long-term sealing contact with the substrates is maintained.
At installation the tape is held to a level of compression suitable to the intended application. Typically, higher compression levels are required for watertightness in water run-off applications; lower compression can be used, for example, for snow seals at roof ridges.
- AST is a self-adhering foam tape impregnated with water-based acrylic-modified asphalt emulsion
- It is an excellent alternative to butyl tape & open-cell polyurethane foam strips
- Will not dry out and become hard and brittle
- Highly resistant to bugs and vermin
- Will not extrude from between joints like caulk or butyl tapes
- Conforms to contours and fills gaps
- Maintains a seal during thermal expansion and contraction of building
- Excellent compressibility and recovery (minimal compression set)
- Good thermal and sound insulator
- No shrinkage or blow-out due to closed-cell breakage
- Supplied with self-adhesive on one side. After removal of packaging,
the material begins gradual expansion – more slowly in cold weather than in hot.
- Used For Valley Panels or Hip Roof Ridge Caps
- 1/4″x1″x20′ Expands to 1″x1″x20′